Tuesday, November 19, 2013

All Men Seek for Thee

I wish to be a brilliant writer. The way I see it there are four things that are getting in the way of this. The first is that I do not write well, the second being that I do not write, the third is that I have a lack of ambition and the fourth is that I have no context. The goal is simple, post at least 800 words a day into this blog. Write book reviews, write what I did, what I'm going to do, journalistic endeavors all the way to what I had for breakfast. This blog is for no one else, but me. I will be striving to find context and to actually write something. Strive to hone in my skills. It is often told that we can move mountains and I believe this. If it is true that people can moves mountains than it is true that I can move myself.

If you want to help me, find me writing exercises, give me a topic, teach me how to copy write something, teach me search engine optimizing techniques.

Why am I doing this? Because I want to be a brilliant writer. I graduated college almost 1 year ago with a degree in English. This creates a series of assumptions in the minds of employers, parents, friends, family, strangers and lovers. Most assume I can write and while I have a basic comprehension of the English language, my degree does not make me Shakespeare incarnated. My degree helped me read and analyze literature, which essentially has done nothing for me. Yes, I had to write papers, I had to write analysis, I had to send the occasional email. I, however, was never taught everything there is to know about writing. So here it is: a documentation of my journey to become the writer I have always wanted to be. In blog format.

Thanks for Listening,
Kyle

2 comments:

  1. This is great stuff, Kyle. It takes a lot of courage to be a brilliant writer. I want to help you any way that I can.

    I would argue, though, that through comprehending literature and doing formal and informal analysis, you've learned how to think critically about bodies of text in many different forms (I only assume based on the education that I am currently getting at OU), and that has paved the way for how you think and process information.

    But you are totally right in saying that studying English yields a series of assumptions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome,
    Thank you so much for sharing such an awesome blog...
    temporary staffing services

    ReplyDelete